Welcome to Spanish 7 at Radnor Middle School!
This year, seventh grade Spanish classes begin a comprehensive new program designed to meet the World Language Standards, engage students, and promote their success through meaningful activities and active practice. Avancemos includes numerous resources which are available to all students and their families. These include, but are not limited to: Avancemos 1-A textbook, student workbook, online text, At Home Tutor, comic book, graphic organizers, games and songs, and Ipod compatible audio and video downloads.
Teachers may post additional information regarding Avancemos on her individual Radnor website.
By accessing classzone.com, students will find interactive activities, flashcards, quizzes, and more.
Seventh grade Spanish classes meet every other day. Students will be responsible for utilizing the online resources for practice at home. Use of the online resources is crucial as it allows students to proceed at their own pace, receive instant feedback, use games for practice, expand cultural information, and access the re-teach component, if necessary.
We are very enthusiastic about Avancemos and expect that it will appeal to students also. We hope you will familiarize yourself with the program and encourage your child to use its online resources regularly.
Technical support from the company can be accessed by calling 1-800-727-3009.
M-Th 9am - 8pm and f 9am - 5pm.
Supplies for class BRING EVERY DAY
· Pen, pencil and erasers
· Binder with looseleaf paper and 3 dividers
· Will be assigned almost every night
· Will be announced in class and posted on teachers website
· Late work will not receive full credit
Absences/ Make-up Work
· If you miss class for any reason other than illness/accident you are expected to be prepared with homework complete on the next class day.
· Field trips or planned absences do not excuse you from homework and test preparation. Please notify me in advance if you know you will miss class to get work ahead of time.
· All work, including tests and quizzes, from excused absences must be completed in the time allowed by the school policy2 days for every day missed. If the work is not completed in this time, the grade assigned will be a 0. You are expected to see me to make arrangements for make-ups.