Enduring Understandings are concepts Students will apply the following
Students should develop throughout the set of Essential Questions to each
school year. unit of study throughout the year.
1. What we choose to believe is a result of 1. Where do people's loyalties lie? How do they
who we are, where we are from, and what balance competing obligations?
2. Expansion of power always comes at the 2. Who has the power and how do they keep it?
expense of something else.
3. Past decisions have an impact on the 3. How does what we believe influence how we
present and future. behave?
4. Significant individual effort can inspire great 4. How is a nations economic & poilitical
change. development predetermined by geography?
5. The proximity of European nations has led to
conflict, continuity, and collaboration.