Inspired by the unique cultural diversity represented by Ithan Elementary School’s (IES) student body, Ithan parents formed the Multicultural Committee in 2004. The committee of the Parent/Teacher Organization sponsors various events throughout the year to celebrate cultural diversity. It seeks to raise awareness about diﬀerent cultures so that the school community can learn from each other and grow.
1. Meet and Greet Breakfast at Radwyn Apartment
Tuesday October 2nd at 9:30 am-11:30, meet and greet at Radwyn playground,
join us for coffee, tea, and pastries.
2. Potluck luncheon Friday November 2, 2012
Meet at Phuong Lee’s house
Everyone brings a dish from your culture to share
3. International Week (Feb.4-Feb. 8, 2012)
Family Potluck dinner on Friday Feb. 1 (a taste of what is to come)
a. Family Potluck dinner on Friday Feb 1 , Ithan Cafetorium. Will have crafts and
live Swedish folk music and dancing
b. Feb 4-8, IES will “Step into Sweden”
1. Students will experience visual displays and hands on activities relatingSweden, try on native costumes, make Dala horses, learn basic Swedish words, taste local foods, and meet Pipi Longstocking and much much more.
2. During school assembly, presenters from Swedish Museum will discuss Swedish history, mythology, lingships, shields/trades, and Viking artifacts.
4. Spring Thing
International table with Japanese games